An independent new gTLD Consultant
- I help new gTLD applicants prepare their launching and offer massive buzz to teach potential Registrants;
- Applicants interested in having a French ambassador can contact me;
- I edit a weekly newsletter about new gTLDs;
- I write about new gTLDs on the online press in French, in English. I also allow the use of my name for specific articles;
- I help brands to monitor the ICANN new gTLD program;
- I promote new gTLD projects worldwide through Jovenet Consulting;
- I explain "the wine question" and how to protect wine Geographical Indications in the ICANN new gTLD program;
- A local contact in Paris for new gTLD applicants based abroad;
- I connect new gTLD applicants with the right advisory services;
- I provide an advice on the market targeted by the application;
- According to the project and/or level of investment:
- I help connect to actual existing applicants and/or;
- I am investigating for the second round of new gTLD applications;
- I look forward to organize a team around one major Community project for round 2:
- String is not listed in ICANN new gTLD round 1;
- Population: 40 000 000 members (a little less);
- Turn over on year 3 after launch: 12 000 000 €;
- If you are interested, contact me.
- I hunt for new gTLD "Community endorsements";
- New Premium domain names acquisition and brokerage.
An independent domain name Consultant
My experience as a Corporate Registrant then working for Corporate and Retail Registrars allows me to offer experienced independent consulting (I do not sell domain names). One day per week I work within your company dealing directly with your people to solve problems related to domain names:
- I help brands face the new gTLD wave with most of their questions:
- "Who" is doing "what" in my industry?
- How do I prepare before a new domain name extension is launching?
- How do I track a launching?
- Which domain names should I (or not) register?
- How should I protect my brands and where do I start?
- What is the use of the Trademark Clearinghouse? How do I proceed?
- Domain name monitoring;
- Domain name brokerage services;
- I write domain name policies;
- I help recover domain names: it is not just a matter of paying a cyber squatter or a domainer. It happens the right speech solves many problems according to who calls and who picks up the phone;
- Internal organization within the company for large domain name portfolios: how to organize? Who does what? How to simplify the registration process? With coming new gTLDs, how to centralize the domain name activity?
- Change Registrar (and monitor the changing if necessary);
- Domain name portfolio analysis and cost killing.
What I do not do:
MODERATOR OF THE New gTLDs GROUP ON LINKEDIN
The LinkedIn "new generic Top-Level Domains" is a networking group where to share knowledge, info, projects and experience with 1500+ members. This group is the perfect place to:
- Learn more about new gTLDs;
- Ask your questions and get answers from professionals from the industry and new gTLD applicants;
- Find partners (legal, technical, financial, communication, auctions...);
- Find investors in your TLD;
- Let the world know you are applying for a new gTLD or you plan to do so;
- Follow public comments and objections.
CONSULTANT FOR WINE RELATED TOP-LEVEL DOMAINS
Web site of the dotVinum project
is available here
and deals with:
- The .WINE registry to be launched in 2014/2015/2016;
- The .VIN Top-Level domain for the French language to be launched in 2013/2014;
- The .VINO Top-Level Domain for the Italian and Spanish languages;
- Web site for .WINE and .VIN registries will be launched in 2013.
- Re-launch the .museum Registry;
- Expand the .coop to Europe;
- Re-think ICANN and give more voice to Registrants;
- The study of salted water delta newts;
- Google's algorithm;
- Good wine;
- Good food;
- Good friends;
- Good mind and a little common sense.